Thursday, May 24, 2012

"G" is for Confidence!

For the LORD will be your confidence,
And will keep your foot from being caught."
Proverbs 3:26 (NKJV)



For today's post, I want you to throw everything you know about spelling out of the window! We are going to talk about the letter "G"....and though a little odd, "G" will stand for the words, God and "Confidence"
Now, I know that you are wondering why I would represent the word confidence with a letter G, and there is a reason that I will share with you in just a little bit! Let's first look at the definition of the word:
Confidence means to trust or rely on someone or something.  
As we go through life we have a number of things and people who we have come to rely on or trust. The problem is, that we also have found that the confidence that we have had in people or things can be destroyed and shattered. Now, this is not a deep devotional, but more of a friendly reminder that confidence that is misplaced can land you in a hard place. A place of detriment, a place of hopelessness, a place of anger, depression, or even loneliness! The reason is because, when we place our confidence in something and it fails, we no longer want anything to do with it!! It can leave us feeling kind of silly that we ever trusted in it in the first place! Or how about when we put our confidence in a person? and they fail us? What feelings do you remember having, if that person failed you? It's not a good feeling at all, and as a matter of fact, it is bound to bring bitterness or forgiveness, if not dealt with.  How often do we put our trust in something or someone, only to be let down? disappointed? and left bewildered? Well, I can tell you that I have put my trust in things and people and have learned the hard way, that things and people have "failure" capabilities! And I don't care what you have placed your faith and confidence in today, if it is not G-O-D, you can expect to be disappointed on many occasions.
This brings me to why "G" stands for Confidence!  "G" stands for GOD! and He is my Confidence! He has no failure rate and I can rely on Him to do just what He says that He will do! As a matter of fact, God, replaces my definition of Many things: Let me explain!

My definition of Confidence is ...God!
My definition of Reliability is ....God!
My definition of Dependability is ...God!
My definition of Favor is ....God!
My definition of Hope ...God! ....... getting the picture? God is everything that you need and the ONLY one who is truly "Confidence" Approved! He won't let you down! and will never change His location on you! You can confide in Him both day and night and you don't have to worry about what people are going to say, because He is not a gossiper!  Isn't that wonderful? So, I just wanted to simply remind most of you, and let the rest of you know that when you put your confidence in God, God is obligated to take care of you!  This year homes will depreciate, cars will break down, jobs will come and go, finances will fail, and  people will still lack the ability to meet all of your needs; So, the next time you get ready to put your confidence in something or someone, if it's not "God-Approved Confidence" don't trust it to last! Instead....look to God! and let him be your confidence in 2013!

I really just wanted to encourage you to trust God this year in all that you do. If you trusted something last year and it wasn't the answer; it won't be the answer this year either. Seek God for your what, your where, and your when this year and experience God on a different level! Stop getting mad at people when things don't go your way! Why is a person your "way maker?"  ....stop being so mean because the World doesn't dance to your drum beat! Dance to God's drum beat and others will dance with you! Smile more this year because of the God that you serve! Share more, give more, laugh more, live more, and love more! Because of the confidence that you have in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment