Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Well Done, My Good and Faithful Servant!!



How sweet the sound, when you hear your name mentioned in any type of recognition, whether at school, at work, or for any other type of activity or accomplishment! The feeling that you have done something well, and someone noticed! But, what about in our daily spiritual lives? Who takes notice of our day-to-day struggles with living the life that Christ has called us to? I mean, after all, that takes more than receiving employee of the month, or for selling the most cars this year, or even for placing 1st in the Olympics! I mean, those things are great and deserve recognition, but what about my daily walk with the Lord! I wonder if He really notices my efforts to please Him?! Ever felt this way? Well, I am here to set the record straight for you!
God knew you before you were even formed and He knew that He would call you to be one of his followers before your mother ever even realized what your name would be! He knows all about your childhood, and the struggles that made you feel below average or unloved; and He saw you grow into your teenage years with all of the doubts about whether or not you fit in, knowing, that you would fit in just fine for what He was calling you to! and now that you are older, and still pressing; still holding on, you're wondering if He has missed all of your hard work! (you know, the fruit of your labor!) Well, your Father in Heaven, has not missed one moment of your life! He was there for those heartaches and those heartbreaks; He was there for all of the mistakes and wrong choices that you made in life and STILL continue to beat yourself up over! (ouch!)
 Well, today God is saying, "are you still thinking on those things of the past? after I have given you the things that I want you to think on? (Philippians 4:8), I have given you those things to think on, so that you can enjoy your life and not have to carry around your past and other painful circumstances! I haven't missed one moment of your life; I was there during the abuse, when you cried out to me, because you didn't know whether to stay or leave; I was there for that failed pregnancy and how empty you felt as a result; My heart ached for you during that painful divorce, following years of what you hoped would be marital bliss; And I know how bad it felt when you lost that loved one, and didn't know how you would make it! I was there when the child that you gave birth to, hurt you more than life itself;  Oh! and that job that I gave you because I knew that you would make a difference in someone's life? I knew that using you for my Glory would be uncomfortable, but I don't make mistakes and I knew who I created you to be and that you would be perfect for it! I just needed someone who I could trust to shine my light in a place of darkness; I know about the self-esteem issues that you have regarding what you feel is "imperfect"! Well, what you call imperfect and flawed, I call pure perfection! because I don't create anything that is flawed! And those financial hardships? I even know about those! How you have trusted me, when your money was gone; and paid your tithes, when you didn't have the light bill covered, and how you have lost jobs and homes, and dreams and visions!....
Well, I HAVE noticed! I have noticed that no matter what has come your way! you have pressed your way through! and I have noticed all of your tears over the years, and how you allowed me to wipe them away every time! and how you bounced back, when you said that you weren't going to make it, because you held on to my promises! and how day after day, you continue to thank me for waking you up, even when you don't want to face your day; and how you press your way to worship service in the rain, sleet, or snow! just to hear a Word from Me!.....I have noticed how you pray for others more than you pray for yourself! even though it is YOU standing in the need of prayer! and how you are so giving to those who have less! and all the time praying that I would send a blessing your way; and I will never forget how there were times when you gave me your last dime, not knowing where your next one would come from! ...and how you still love and trust me through it all! Well, today I want to say, WELL DONE, for your faithfulness! WELL DONE! for being steadfast! WELL DONE! for getting up, every time you fell down!...For standing up for your belief in My Word, even when it seemed at times that I wasn't standing up for you! And how you continued to listen for my voice, even when you didn't hear anything, during my seasons of silence! Just know that I have noticed! I do see you! I haven't missed a thing! I do hear you! I've heard every word! and I am STILL your greatest supporter in life! And I Just want you to know, my faithful Servant, that your continued support and love for me and my Word, is EXACTLY, WHY I HAVE CALLED YOU BY NAME! Thank you, for being my mouth, when someone needed encouragement! and thank you for being my hands, when someone needed help; thank you for being my arms, when someone needed to be held tight....I HAVE NOTICED! Thank you for reading MY WORD, because it is the greatest letter that I've ever written and I had YOU in mind.as I breathed life onto every page...All of My promises are yours! Because I HAVE NOTICED, that you have been, a good and faithful Servant! So faithful over a few things; Therefore, I will put you in charge of many things, all because! I HAVE noticed!! (Matthew 25:21) 

I present to you, the faithful women of the S.I.S Prayer Line, this certificate of spiritual accomplishment! For being steadfast, unmovable, and always abounding in the things of the Lord! God bless each one of you for your loving faithfulness to the Master!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't we so very glad that Jesus knows all, hears all, and sees all? Isn't it comforting that He has been there all along and YET has brought us through! He notices our labor, and says, Well Done!!

    ReplyDelete